- Paralysis Community, a resource of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, is a safe and secure online social networking site with a robust discussion area on many areas of paralysis, including caregiving.
- Caregiver Action Network educates, supports and empowers families who care for chronically ill, aged or disabled loved ones
- National Alliance for Caregiving is a coalition of national groups that supports family caregivers and the professionals who help them.
- The Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving establishes local, state and national partnerships committed to promoting caregiver health, skills and resilience.
- Well Spouse is a national organization that gives support to wives, husbands, and partners of the chronically ill and/or disabled. Addresses issues common to family caregivers: anger, guilt, fear, isolation, grief, and financial threat.
- Caregiving.com is a web community for families and healthcare professionals who care for chronically ill or disabled family members.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) operates the National Center on Caregiving to develop support programs for family caregivers in every state.
- AARP offers a caregiving resource center, including legal issues, long distance caregiving, end-of-life issues. Toll-free 1-877-333-5885.
- Today’s Caregiver magazine offers topic-specific newsletters, online discussion lists, chat rooms and an online store.
- National Respite Coalition Network helps parents, caregivers and professionals get a break using respite services in their local area.
- National Caregivers Library is large source of free information for caregivers.
- Shepherd’s Centers of America (SCA) is an interfaith organization that coordinates nearly 100 independent Shepherd’s Centers across the United States to help older adults remain independent.
- Hiring and Management of Personal Care Assistants for Individuals with SCI
is a downloadable booklet from the SCI Project at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. Covers everything from locating and hiring to training and paying personal assistants. Includes forms, checklists and resources.
- CareCure Forum for caregivers. Active and helpful message board for loved ones and caregivers of people living with paralysis.
- Spinal Cord Injury Caregivers is a forum on Yahoo! to share information and to support other caregivers who are caring for people with SCI.
- Nursing Home Compare, sponsored by Medicare, offers information about the past performance of most nursing homes in the U.S.